- We are continuing to work through Unit 1: Addition & Subtraction with Fractions.
- As this unit unfolds, a focus will be to master our multiplication and division math facts. Please practice these at home and look for MobyMax homework to come soon
- We’re working on establishing strong independent reading habits.
- Picture day – Thursday, October 1
- Personalized picture order forms were sent home with students earlier this week.
Safety Team Two Reporting for duty!
- Safety program has started this week and will continue through the remainder of the school year. Please visit mattcooley.edublogs.org/safety-schedule/ to learn more about safety teams and schedule.
- Spirit Week – September 21-25
- PJ Day (no pillows, blankets, or stuffed animals)
- Silly Sock Day
- Crazy Hair Day
- Hat Day
- Maize & Blue Day
We are holding our annual WALKATHON next week which is our primary fundraiser for the year. One of our objectives in the Parent Club is to raise money to help cover costs such as classroom supplies, technology upgrades, storage solutions, books, field trips, parent/child events and other needed items for each class.
We want to promote a healthy lifestyle to our students and the community. Please help us reach our fundraising goal by supporting our Walkathon. We have teamed up with Get Movin’© to make this event fun and profitable with online mobile friendly technology!
We Need All Parents to Complete 3 Easy Steps!
- Register your Child by visiting www.getmovinfundhub.com It’s free, easy, and fast to register! For School Identifier use 5f3d669d605c9
- Consider sending an Email and/ or Text of your child’s student fundraising webpage with 10-15 friends and family. It’s super easy!
- Consider Posting on Facebook or Twitter It’s two clicks of a button to post. You’ll be surprised when donations come in from distant relatives/friends from HS/co-workers. Post and see what happens!
o We need 100% student registration please visit www.getmovinfundhub.com today!
o Each student is encouraged to raise at least $30.
o Be an Overachiever Superstar by raising at least $150.
Safety Team 1 keeping us safe at dismissal!
We are working our first math unit, Addition & Subtraction with Fractions.
As this unit unfolds, a focus will be to master our multiplication and division math facts. Please practice these at home and look for MobyMax homework to come soon
We’re working on establishing strong independent reading.
A Note From the STEAM Studio-
Please note that the STEAM teachers have always used Google Classroom as a learning tool in the STEAM studio. All assignments that are posted while we are doing face to face learning will always be completed in class and should not be worked on at home. I tend to post assignments ahead of time to work out any issues and students can ignore the email that a new assignment has been posted. We use Google Classroom differently than the classroom teachers and it was causing a bit of confusion. Please reach out to Mrs. Totten (email@example.com) if you have any questions!
- Yellow day for our Kindergarten Buddies is TOMORROW! Try to wear yellow to celebrate with them!
- Safety program will be starting on September 14. Mr. Cooley met with safeties on Friday to go over the schedule and expectations.
- Early release on Friday, September 18
- Look for information being sent home on Friday about this year’s Walk-a-thon!
- Mrs. Bretz is collecting recorders for music outside! Please send in your recorder if you haven’t already
We’re wrapping up another great week at GES! These fuller days have us stretching ourselves into a little bit more of a routine. That said, please make sure your child is getting enough sleep at night as some of us are dragging a little during the day. Check a couple updates below and see some of what we’re doing during the day!
Enjoy a safe and fun LONG weekend! See you Tuesday!
- No school Friday, September 4 or Monday, September 7.
- Students watched a video about the opportunity to serve as a safety at the end of the day. Safety applications due Wednesday, September 9.
Here we are playing some math games and working on Growth Mindset with an Escape Room!