Virtual Parent Teacher Conferences
- An email was sent to parents this week regarding virtual conferences which will be held on March 8th or March 10th. Please check your inbox for an email from your child’s classroom teacher and sign up for a time slot on the link provided if you haven’t already done so.
March Reading Month
- Georgetown will be celebrating reading for the month of March. We will have a school wide western theme of Saddle Up & Read! (Tied to Book Fair’s “Wild West” theme.)
- A Daily/Weekly Reading Goal calendar will be sent home with the students. As a parent you will sign the log agreeing that your child read for the 5th grade weekly goal. Goal for 5th grade is 30 minutes a day or 150 minutes per week. If they reach this goal their name will be put in a weekly drawing.
- We will have dress up days each Friday in March. Our next dress up day is Friday, March 12. We welcome you to dress like a cowboy or cowgirl and wear flannel or plaid.
- As in the Fall, there will be a book fair for the kids to shop in person or online during conference week. Our preview day is Monday, March 8 and our shopping day is Wednesday, March 10.
Our chromebooks have arrived! If your child wants to bring in a pair of wired headphones, we encourage them to keep their headphones in a labeled ziplock bag.