March Reading Month
- Georgetown is celebrating reading for the month of March. We continue our school-wide western theme of Saddle Up & Read this week!
- A Daily/Weekly Reading Goal calendar will be sent home with the students. As a parent you will sign the log agreeing that your child read for the 5th grade weekly goal. Goal for 5th grade is 30 minutes a day or 150 minutes per week. If they reach this goal their name will be put in a weekly drawing. Students are to turn in their reading logs on Monday.
- We will have dress up days each Friday in March. Our next dress up day is Friday, March 26. Our theme is Hoedown! We welcome students to wear jeans, maybe even a belt buckle or boots.
- Our chromebooks have arrived! If your child wants to bring in a pair of wired headphones, we encourage them to keep their headphones in a labeled ziplock bag.
- M-STEP testing dates for 5th grade:
- April 20, 22, 27, 29th. Please avoid any outside appointments on those days in which your child will be gone from school.
- All fifth grade students in the district will have an extended day camp experience at CranHill Ranch.
- The date for Georgetown students will be Thursday, June 3.
- Students can take their normal mode of transportation to school in the morning.
- Estimated arrival back to school will be around 9:00PM.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are not allowed to bring parent chaperones.
- More information coming soon!